There are several reasons why your Miele washing machine door won’t open and this can cause frustration and challenges in getting your laundry done and using your appliance effectively. In some cases, you may need to get in touch with a Miele washing machine expert and in other cases, you may be able to solve the problem on your own. To find out more about why your appliance door won’t open and how to unlock a Miele washing machine take a look below.
Reasons why your washing machine door won’t open
Known for its high quality and longevity, it may sometimes happen that your Miele washing machine door won’t open. Here are some of the possible reasons for this.
- The door is locked during a programme: this is standard practice and if you’d like to open the door while the programme is running, you will not be able to do so for safety reasons. This is because the drum spins at high speeds and the temperature inside can get very hot. However, you can push the power button on the machine and simply switch it off. After a while and after the machine has cooled down, you should be able to open the door.
- There is still water in the drum and the machine is unable to drain: this is another safety feature that ensures that you are not harmed while the machine is on and operating. In order to fix this, you may need to clean the drain filters and drain the pump. Once done, the door should be able to open once again.
- The suds temperature is over 55 degrees Celsius: here, and again for safety reasons, you will want to wait until the temperature has cooled down and for the bars on the display to stop flashing. After this, you should be able to open the door once again.
- The door lock has jammed (error code F35): if you see an error code F35 and you are unable to open your Miele washing machine door, then you need to call in an expert to take a look and troubleshoot the problem. It is highly advisable that you do not attempt to fix this issue by yourself. Rather consult an experienced technician to avoid damaging the machine and harming yourself or others in your household.
How to unlock a Miele washing machine door
It’s now time to take a look at the easiest and safest way on how to open a Miele washing machine door. Here are the steps you’ll need to follow:
- First, make sure that the washing machine power is turned off by pressing the power button.
- Next, access the port at the bottom left of the washing machine.
- This port cannot be opened by hand and you need to use a special tool for this purpose.
- This tool can be found in the drawer of the soap dispenser.
- When you open the soap dispenser, you’ll be able to see the tool that looks like a flat object with a curved side and a flat side.
- Take the tool out of the soap dispenser and approach the washing machine port at the bottom of the washing machine.
- Insert the flat end of the tool at 12 o’clock of the circular port and press into it about an inch deep at a 45 degree angle.
- This will release the port door.
- You will then see an orange pull string in the region of 11 o’clock in the port.
- Pull the string and it will release the door mechanism.
- You can then close the port and return the tool to the soap dispenser drawer.
- That’s it! Your Miele washing machine door is now open.
Your Miele washing machine is a valuable appliance. It performs a lot of hard work and although it is known for its longevity and quality, it can also sometimes malfunction resulting in a locked door. It’s important to always have your safety in mind as well as those around you when troubleshooting a locked Miele washing machine door. And if you are unable to open the door using the steps mentioned above, it’s highly recommended that you approach a professional to help you resolve the issue. At Domex, we have years of experience in dealing with Miele washing machines and our experts know the right way to address such problems in the safest possible way. So, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us for advice and to book your service.