Whether it’s an appliance in your home or at your business premises, finding an appliance doesn’t work or isn’t performing properly can be headache. At Domex, we operate throughout Barnet, with experienced and highly trained engineers on hand to provide appliance repairs for your:
No matter how major or minor the issue might be, we can help. We provide appointments and call 30 minutes before we arrive to minimise the disruption to your day. Track and manage your appointment through the My Repair section of our website. We even provide evening, weekend and same day call outs – just one of the reasons our review scores are so high.
In addition to kitchen appliance repairs, our engineers are also experts when it comes to appliance installation. Whether you’re unsure about how to position your new appliance or you want to ensure it connects safely when it comes to water, gas and electricity, you can trust us to install any appliance at your home or place of business in Barnet.
At Domex, you can rest assured that our local engineers are at your service, when you need them the most. That’s because we cover all postcode parts of Barnet EN4 and EN5 and beyond. All the areas we serve include:
- Regions entirely in Barnet: Barnet Vale, Brunswick Park, Burnt Oak, Childs Hill, Colindale North, Colindale South, East Barnet, Friern Barnet, Garden Suburb (eastern edge), Golders Green, Hendon, High Barnet, Mill Hill, Totteridge & Woodside, Underhill, West Hendon, West Finchley (majority) and Woodhouse.
- Regions partially in Barnet: Cricklewood, East Finchley, Edgwarebury, Finchley Church End, Hampstead Garden Suburb, Southgate, Muswell Hill and the surrounding areas.
Contact our friendly team today for more details on our repairs and installation service, or to book your appointment with an engineer at a time that suits you.
Appliance Installation in Barnet
As well as kitchen appliance repairs, our engineers are also experts when it comes to appliance installation. Whether you’re unsure about how to position your new appliance or you want to ensure it connects safely when it comes to water, gas and electricity, you can trust us to install any appliance at your home or place of business in Barnet.
Contact our friendly team today for more details on our repairs and installation service, or to book your appointment with an engineer at a time to suit you.
Barnet residents trust us for their washing machine repairs in EN4, EN5 and beyond
When your trusted washer is presenting issues, you’re right to be concerned. At Domex, we fully understand the inconvenience that comes with a faulty washer that has issues. Some of the most frequently encountered washing machine issues that our highly skilled engineers can help with to restore the condition of your washer include:
- The drum is not spinning
- The drum is making loud noises
- Water is not draining
- Drainage problems due to old pipes
- Leaking water
- Excessive vibration
- The machine is not starting
- Your clothes are not washing properly
- Error codes are displayed
- The door is not locking
- Timer or cycle issues
- Dispenser problems
- The washer is overfilling or underfilling
In addition to all these potential faults, there are other aspects to take into account. For example, it is a frequently encountered problem in the Barnet area for many households to experience hard water issues and old plumbing.
When it comes to hard water, this issue can exacerbate problems such as scaling, mineral buildup and reduced cleaning performance. For this reason, we recommend using a water softener or citric acid rinse aid. Meanwhile, for the older pipes which may be clogged or corroded, there is a higher chance of leaks and drainage problems that you may encounter, too.
Luckily, with our 12-month guarantee on labour and/or spare parts fitted when we carry out your washer and tumble dryer repairs, you can enjoy greater peace of mind in the restored functionality of your appliance. With our reliable and professional washing machine repairs, you can take advantage of our quality workmanship that gives you your washer’s full operational capacity back.
Frustrated with dirty dishes? Get expert dishwasher repairs in Barnet EN4 and EN5
If your dishwasher is increasingly giving you issues and not working properly, you need a reliable and trusted dishwasher repair service provider that can help restore the full functionality of this vital appliance through quality workmanship. What is more, irrespective of the dishwasher problems encountered, our engineers go through some of the most rigorous and intensive internal training that exceeds the industry standards, ensuring that you get a quality result each and every time.
With our status as an Approved Service Partner to multiple global appliance manufacturers and our 12-month guarantee on faults repaired and/or spare parts fitted, you can now rest assured that no matter what repairs we carry out, your dishwasher’s functionality will be restored.
Just some of the dishwasher troubleshooting that our engineers can help with include cases when your dishwasher:
- Is not draining properly, water remains at the bottom, dishes feel greasy or there is a foul odour.
- Is leaking water with visible leaks around the base or puddles on the floor.
- Displaying poor cleaning performance, resulting in dirty dishes, a cloudy film on your glasses or leftover food residue.
- The door is not latching properly or closing securely, meaning that the cycle won’t start and the indicator light is flashing.
- Emitting strange noises during operation, such as loud humming, grinding or banging noises during the wash cycle.
- Additionally, in Barnet, hard water issues, mineral buildup and reduced cleaning performance are common issues, together with old pipes, which increase the risk of leaks and drainage problems.
Barnet’s local experts: Electric, gas and range oven and cooker repairs
Is your oven, cooker or hob giving you problems? Don’t worry! Our experienced team of engineers at Domex can help. With our professional and reliable service, we can fix a broad range of problems and carry out your oven repairs and extractor hood repairs when you need them most.
A few of the most common oven problems that our trusted engineers encounter and can help with include the following:
Troubleshooting Common Oven Issues:
- Uneven cooking: This can be exacerbated by hard water
- Not heating properly: A problem often attributed to a faulty element or thermostat
- Inaccurate temperature: This is often caused by a thermostat issue
- Door not sealing properly: Frequently an issue related to a worn gasket or hinge problems
- Self-cleaning issues: This can be caused by a blocked filter or a faulty programme
- Oven light not working: This is often the result of a blown bulb or a switch problem
Addressing Common Cooker Malfunctions:
- Burners not igniting: This fault can be attributed to your gas supply or a fault with the spark igniter
- Hob elements not working: A common reason for this is (faulty elements and/or connections
- Control panel issues: Often the result of broken buttons or an issue with your display
- Timer malfunctions
Resolving Common Problems with Extractor Hoods:
- Fan is not working: The possible reason for this issue is often attributed to motor and/or bearing issues
- Filter problems: This happens when your filter is either clogged or damaged
- Light not working: This can be due to a blown out bulb or a faulty switch
Book your reliable fridge freezer repairs in Barnet EN4 and EN5
The fridge freezers in our homes are some of the most complex and hardworking appliances because they operate all the time. However, when you experience fridge freezer issues, you’re right to be concerned because you need reliable refrigerator repairs that are quick to act and resolve the issue in question so that you are not left with spoiled food.
Some of the main general fridge freezer problems that our team of highly-experienced engineers can help with include:
- Temperature fluctuations: Affects both the fridge and the freezer, causing spoilage and uneven freezing.
Freezer is not freezing: Due to a faulty compressor, low refrigerant or a blocked evaporator coil.
Fridge is not cooling: The causes and issues are similar to freezers and this compromises food safety.
- Leaking water: Damage from the defrost drain, ice maker line or or door seal issues.
- Strange noises: Wondering why your fridge is making a noise? If you hear humming, grinding or clunking noises, this indicates mechanical problems.
- Water dispenser is not working: This could be due to clogged filters, faulty valves or electrical problems (in the case of American fridge freezers).
- Condensation problems: Excessive condensation damages food and indicates ventilation issues.
- The door is not closing properly: Temperature issues and increased energy consumption. Meanwhile, door seal issues can result in leaks, temperature fluctuations and increased energy consumption.
As for specific problems related to your American fridge freezer, our engineers often encounter issues such as:
- Ice maker malfunctions: Caused by clogged lines, faulty pumps or sensor problems.
- Crushed/cubed ice dispenser problems: This is often the result of a malfunctioning dispensing mechanism.
- Touchscreen display issues: This affects the temperature control and other functions in some models.
- Water filter issues: You may experience reduced water quality and dispenser performance due to clogged/expired filters.
- Internal water leaks: This is specific to the internal plumbing system in American models.
- Excessive energy consumption: Potential causes include faulty components, improper settings and door seal issues.
Irrespective of the challenge you are facing with your refrigerator, when you need general or American fridge repair, count on the team at Domex for a reliable service that is guaranteed.
At Domex, we cover all areas of North London
When you need reliable appliance repairs, choose Domex as your partner. With extensive industry experience and a team of highly qualified engineers who are courteous and polite, we also offer a 12-month guarantee on faults repaired and/or spare parts fitted. You can find our team operating in a broad range of regions, including Barnet, Enfield, Hampstead, Wood Green, Camden, Hackney and Harrow.